We’ve looked at turning your single buyers into multibuyers before. Do that and your chances of even more sales increases dramatically.
When I first visited the American Direct Marketing Show in Dallas in 1992 I was amazed that every store I visited had a special offer prominently displayed and over the years I’ve seen that idea drift over to the UK. Has anyone ever visited a DFS store when they didn’t have an offer?
So the best way to convert a single buyer into a multi is to make an irresistible “no brainer” offer to them.
The secret is to give a good reason for the offer. Reasons like:
- "Clients only" Offer of the Week.
- Manager's birthday offer. Or even the customer's birthday offer, if you know it.
- Holiday offer - any day there are greetings cards for Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter, Mother's Day etc. etc.
- Cancelled order - one US client sold Hotel sheets at ridiculously low prices because of a cancelled hotel order. They couldn't do it in the Uk as strictly speaking there wasn't a UK hotel who had cancelled an order.
- Slightly damaged stock or returns.
- Ebook versions of hard copy manuals saves on print and postage
Get your creative juices going and I’m sure you can find 100 resons for your great offer – you need just one good one.
So what do you sell. Ideally you don’t want to jeopardise sales in your conversational product line so you could buy in product that is compatible with your range, of similar quality and has a wide appeal. Sell at as near to cost as you can and you’ll get happy customers who will be even more keen to return to you and buy again.