We promise to never pass on your email address to anyone else.
In the pre-internet days we worked with several clients who ran small ads in the national press to get leads.
Hence, we did lots of tests to find the best way to work those leads. We found the following:
1. Get your first follow up out to the lead very quickly, same day, by first class post.
2. As the bulk of the cost was getting the lead in the first place we encouraged clients not to give up after just one or two follow ups. Five follow ups minimum.
3. The lead cools down very quickly so get your multiple follow ups in quickly.
So we have used these findings to structure follow up strategies for our online Lead Gen clients.
While every client is different, the basic online lead gen follow up strategy should look something like this:
1. Look to respond very quickly by email as soon as you get the lead, within the hour if possible.
2. Set up an auto-responder follow up series. If you're new to this, get started quickly by using a service like MailChimp. It's very easy to set up and you'll get feedback on open rates and click through rates. You'll also be able to send different follow ups to the people who didn't open your previous emails.
3. Look to follow up every two days, for at least 14 days.
4. Monitor the responses to each email and constantly test for improvements.
5. Later in the series try to collect extra information to your database like phone numbers and postal addresses.
Remember, the most expensive part of Lead Gen is getting the lead in the first place so it's worth spending some time to get the best out of them. We're more than happy to help if you're unsure how to get started or need copy for your email series. Just email me and I’ll get one on the team to get back to you.